Lead Customer Service Representative 3PL
Company: DSV Air & Sea Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Job Posting Title: Customer Service Lead
The CSR is responsible for building rapport and trust with Clients by delivering exceptional service to them consistently. Client Service Representatives are responsible for accurate and timely data entry of shipping and receiving information for single and/or multiple Customers. CSRs are also responsible for accurate and timely order processing to support the efficient operation of the site.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality. Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and site-specific policies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Labor and Training Management:
* Reports inconsistencies or problems to Supervisor or Operations Manager
* Manages order flow to ensure daily requirements are fulfilled
* Coordinates special warehouse projects
* Key resource for personnel needing assistance
* Responsible for locking and securing the facility as scheduled or required
* Maintain a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning work-orders, invoices, shipments, inventory counts, etc., in a courteous and efficient manner.
* Will mentor and train new and existing associates in specific distribution activities to help achieve established customer demands
* Will train new and existing associates on current Standard Operating Procedures, which includes but is not limited to: shipping, receiving, picking, and/or quality control documentation
* Will assist in forklift operation and certification for new and existing associates
* Direct the operations of the CSR team to achieve prescribed objectives.
* Assist associates and temporary labor in the completion of productivity sheets and accurate capture of production and payroll hours.
* Assist Supervisor in maintaining the level of employees consistent with a productive workforce.
* Participate in establishing work schedules.
* Ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
* Assist the Supervisor in ensuring that all associates handle product according to all prescribed quality procedures and guidelines.
* Respond to all requests (internal and external) in a courteous, professional, and timely manner
* Coordinate all inbound and outbound activity for assigned accounts
* Process and input all customer orders.
* Running and printing shipments from WMS.
* Run stock reports to check for product availability.
* Generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders
* Checking all orders for special requests
* Expediting any order as necessary, trace orders as required and notify customer of any activity concerning their merchandise.
* Follow up with other departments to ensure the service standards are being met.
* Assure proper invoicing of accounts by verifying customers as required.
* Handles returned merchandise in an efficient manner and assure proper credit is given to the customer.
Customer Interfacing Activities
* Investigate and communicate client complaints in accordance with established contact, site and company protocol
* Oversees the shipping and receiving activity for the Customer Service Department
* Maintain a good working relationship with customers by responding to all inquiries and complaints concerning work-orders, invoicing, shipments, inventory management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
* Act as a liaison between the warehouse and the customer in administration of accounts and between the office and customer regarding invoicing and credit changes.
* Prepare required activity reports accurately and efficiently for site management
* Researches discrepancies that may occur in the shipping and receiving process
* Document processing and logistical support encompassing a variety of duties to include data entry, copying, faxing, filing, and labeling.
* Assisting with any clerical and floor duties management requires.
* Ensure the accuracy of all receiving and shipping documents.
* Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
* Assure that receiving counts match packing lists and purchase orders and that shipping count match picking documents.
* Prepare any reports concerning customer service as required by supervisors.
* Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
* Operate the computer terminal in a proficient manner.
* Enter and verify data regarding customer orders, shipments, receipts, physical inventories, adjustments, etc., in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Oversee all paperwork associated with orders and maintain the corresponding files.
* Answer phone calls and operates various types of office machines and computers necessary to perform duties.
* Greet customers and visitors to the office.
* Effectively correspond with customers as required.
* Answer incoming telephone calls in a cheerful, courteous, and timely manner.
* Promptly route each call to the proper party, taking messages when necessary.
* Assist callers with general information and inquires.
* Direct visitors to appropriate department.
* Assist drivers at check in window various times though out the day.
* Assists in maintaining cleanliness of work environment
* Assists in overseeing warehouse inventories
* May work as part of a team or independently
* Active participation in Safety Program, to include but not limited to, Hazardous Communications and Emergency Response programs in order to ensure a safe work environment for all persons within the facility
* Abide by the company policies and procedures as listed in the Employee Manual or other communicated rules and/or regulations
* CSRs may be expect to cross train in other administrative staff functions to support the site and contribute to associate development.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
* Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
* 1 year experience in Customer Service related capacity
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Intermediate computer skills
* Proficient with MS Office Applications
* WMS functions
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
* Business writing proficiency
* Intermediate level to verify quantities of product, count inventory, or perform other duties associated with handling, storing and distributing client products.
* Strong attention to detail accuracy and accomplish job task in a timely manner.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Keywords: DSV Air & Sea Inc., Fontana , Lead Customer Service Representative 3PL, Sales , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!