Facilities Manager - So Cal
Company: TEC Equipment
Posted on: March 8, 2019
TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
Our Fontana, CA locations have an opening for a Facilities Manager. The Facilities Manager oversees and coordinates the maintenance and repair of assigned TEC buildings, equipment, and grounds. This includes but is not limited to electrical, plumbing, ventilation, HVAC, and other building systems. In addition, the Facilities Manager is responsible for evaluating problematic systems or facilities and overseeing any contracted work. The Maintenance Supervisor supervises janitorial staff and landscaping crews to ensure work is performed in accordance with defined quality standards and positively represents TEC Equipment. Work is generally split 70% field work and 30% office work.
TEC Equipment facilities in the Fontana area include:
* Fontana Main Facilities at 14400 Randall and 14085 Valley Blvd. Fontana, CA 92335 (plus former main Fontana facility at 14085 Valley Blvd, Fontana, CA 92335)
* Two lots on East side of 14085 Valley Blvd. Fontana, CA 92335
* Fontana Trailers at 16025 Slover Ave, Fontana, CA 92337
* Merrill Collision/Leasing at 14608 Merrill Ave., Fontana, CA 92335
* La Mirada facility at 15000 Firestone Blvd, La Mirada, CA 90638
All facilities in AOR cover approximately 350,000 square feet. Fontana and La Mirada locations are approximately 45 miles apart.
The person in this position must embody company values: Teamwork, Entrepreneurship, and Customer Focus and, be aligned along with role modeling the TEC Vision, Mission and Customer Commitment.
* Minimum five years' overseeing facilities maintenance, preferably for multiple locations.
* Experience performing light maintenance and janitorial work.
* Experience working with and managing the work of maintenance vendors.
* Experience with electrical trade or other construction-related trades.
* Advanced skill using hand, power, and specialty tools; experience using lifts.
* Knowledge of and experience performing electrical, plumbing, and carpentry (e.g., drywall, framework, etc.).
* Ability to monitor regular preventative maintenance as well as ongoing maintenance while supervising the work of others.
* Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of managers and employees and external contacts.
* Ability to effectively monitor and manage employees and contractors.
* Ability to identify problems and solve them independently.
* Valid driver's license.
* Maintenance certifications, coursework in electrical, HVAC, and related areas.
* Ability to monitor a "ticketing" system for work orders.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: TEC Equipment, Fontana , Facilities Manager - So Cal, Professions , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!