Line Haul Driver (Full Time) Fontana, CA- Reddaway
Posted on: December 6, 2018
As a line haul driver for Reddaway you will operate in a network that is structured off of turn runs and overnight runs. Long standing tradition of providing excellent service while maintaining significant home time for our drivers. Team oriented. Great company to grow with.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Paid time for all work performed
- Layover pay
- Paid Holidays
- Performance Incentive Pay
- Reddaway does not utilize sleeper teams
- Opportunity to quickly advance to set bid runs
- Primarily a no touch linehaul operation
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements safe and efficient operating procedures while meeting established schedules.
- Efficiently load and/or unload freight using proper freight handling equipment.
- Take responsibility of and secure the equipment and/or cargo.
- Receive and verify dispatch instructions properly.
- Complete daily log and all other necessary paperwork.
- Drop and hook trailers and change the configuration of equipment as necessary.
- Connect air hoses and electrical lines, install tire chains, manually crank dolly wheels, and fuel equipment.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspection of equipment.
- When hauling hazardous material determine any discrepancies in the paperwork, and verify proper placarding.
- Maintain and update driving and safety skills; keep CDL current with endorsements.
- Perform duties in a manner that promotes superior customer service within Reddaway and the industry.
- Communicate with supervision to receive instructions, report delays or safety hazards, and report accidents involving the driver or Company equipment.
- Drive trucks with a swept trailer, and clean windows and mirrors.
- Must be age 21 or older.
- Must possess a valid Class A CDL with Doubles/Triples, Tanker and HazMat endorsements with TSA clearance.
- Must have at least 6 months of tractor-trailer and doubles driving experience.
- Must have a current Motor Vehicle Report that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
- Must be able to work the maximum hours allowed under D.O.T. Hours of Service Regulations on various shifts/days of the week, while maintaining outstanding attendance.
- Must pass an employment record, criminal background check, drug screen, physical performance test, driving test on company equipment, and a TSA Security Threat Assessment.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers effectively.
- Must accurately and efficiently perform mathematical calculations necessary to do the work.
- Must meet all requirements of Sections 391 and 383 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
Reddaway is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Keywords: Reddaway, Fontana , Line Haul Driver (Full Time) Fontana, CA- Reddaway, Professions , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!