Recondition Forklift Technician
Company: Naumann Hobbs Material Handling Corp II Inc.
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Naumann/Hobbs is looking for YOU to fill our Recondition
Forklift Technician position in our Fontana, CA branch.
We are the largest Material Handling Equipment Company in the
Southwest. Naumann/Hobbs Material Handling, Inc. sells, rents,
services, and supplies parts on an extensive line of material
handling products. We are a staple in the Valley with almost 70
years of business experience and over 100 million in annual
The Recondition Forklift Technician will maintain, inspect,
service, recondition, repair forklifts for Naumann/Hobbs used
equipment department. Technicians will diagnose mechanical and
electrical issues, complete preventative maintenance, repair brakes
and suspension, and welding among other job duties. This position
is performed in a shop environment at the company location. It
cannot be performed remotely.
What you will do:
- Diagnostic and conduct inspections on forklifts.
- Will do repairs with minimal assistance (i.e., hoses, fan belt,
- Understand equipment electrical systems.
- Can navigate online dealer websites and repair manuals.
- Reconditioning of forklifts such as (Crown, Jungheinrich, CAT,
- Welding/Fabrication Experience (Preferred not required).
- Body Shop Experience (Forklift/Automotive- Preferred not
- Ability to work on multiple classes of equipment.
- Paint surfaces with scratches, scuffs, faded paint, etc.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and
accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Examine the vehicle to determine if additional safety or
service work is required
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and safety
- Follow Company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes,
dirt, dust, harsh chemicals
- Perform other task/duties as assigned.Qualifications: To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the
job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change
(positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the
- Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping
emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive
behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on
responsibilities and challenges.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and
using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining
personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking
to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Stress Tolerance - Job requires accepting criticism and dealing
calmly and effectively with high stress situations.Education and
- Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree
- Maintain current drivers license
- Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write) in
The physical demands of the job described here are representative
of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform them.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
- Use hands in a grip motion with the ability to hold and control
- Bend, sit, squat, and crawl under equipment, and to ascend &
descend a ladder
- Stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and
stoop and kneel
- Push and pull up to 50 pounds
- Lift 50 pounds and to be able to lift and carry 45 pounds
- Be able to work around fumes, odors, chemicals and/or loud
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious
places; and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid
conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
- The noise level in the work environment can range from moderate
to a noise level representative of an industrial workspace.
- The employee may be exposed to sunlight as not all work is
performed in a covered shop environment.
- This position is designated as a "Safety-Sensitive Position". A
Safety-Sensitive Position includes tasks or duties that could
affect the safety or health of the employee performing the task or
others.What will we do for you:
- Positive work environment that encourages growth and offers a
- Monday - Friday work week
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation and Sick time
- Discounts at major retailers and moreNaumann/Hobbs is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Hiring is contingent upon successful
completion of our background and drug screening check.Powered by
Keywords: Naumann Hobbs Material Handling Corp II Inc., Fontana , Recondition Forklift Technician, Professions , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...