Clerk, Inventory Control (CLS) (1st Shift) - Fontana CA
Company: APL Logistics Americas, Ltd
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Under the direction of the Customer Service Supervisor or
Operations Manager, this position assists in the coordination of
the daily activities of the inventory control personnel, acts as a
supervisory backup and completes other inventory control functions.
Within the scope of this position's responsibilities, the incumbent
must apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for
operational efficiency to improve business processes, increased
proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination while
at the same time, meeting the corporate values and objectives.
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the
* Apply the APL Logistics Continuous Improvement (ACI) Model for
operational efficiency to improve business process, increase
proficiency and increase efficiency through waste elimination.
* Apply the 5S Lean methodology to sustain a safe, clean and
* Position requires the incumbent's performance to meet and
occasionally exceed standards as set by the company for safety,
quality, productivity and inventory accuracy.
* Assist the supervisor in: the coordination of cycle counts,
research, aisle audits, adjustments, inventory reporting and
insures efficient use of time and equipment, ensuring that
appropriate records are maintained and that tight inventory control
and security is maintained.
* Maintains records and reports as required.
* Ensures that inventory records are current and accurate.
* Prepares and maintains other records as required.
* Processes inventory system adjustments.
* Arranges cycle counts and physical inventories and verifies
* Acts as liaison between warehouse personnel, CSRs, and the
* Resolves problems as they occur and ensures that accurate and
complete information is conveyed to all concerned.
* Acts as a constant communication link between the customer and
warehouse & customer service personnel.
* Provides guidance, support and direction to others in the
performance of all duties, especially when working on the same task
* Resolves difficult customer inventory problems: Maintains a good
working relationship with customers. Reports all customer feedback
and assists the other inventory control personnel in resolving
* Other duties, projects and assignments as required including but
not limited to:
* Working overtime when required;
* Assisting management in finding solutions to problem areas;
* Encouraging staff to participate in employee suggestion program
by word and by example and being active in the program.
* Must comply with written policies as set forth in the company
Code of Conduct, Dress Code policy, Attendance program and
* High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and
* Two to three (2-3) years of customer service.
* Inventory experience or accounting required.
*Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities*
* Must be familiar with distribution and warehouse procedures and
know inventory control functions
* Must be a good communicator, both verbal and written
* Must have good interpersonal skills
* Must be proficient in data entry
* Microsoft Office skills preferred
* Ability to read and comprehend basic instructions, to interpret
documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedures
* Ability to write legibly
* Must have good math skills
* Teamwork - showing a commitment to teamwork and collaboration
* Respect - extending dignity and respect to all people
* Integrity - fostering trust and a positive work environment
* Innovation - bringing creativity to the workplace
* Customer Focus - achieving Company, department, and personal
goals through a strong customer focus
**Organization:** **Region North America*
**Title:** *Clerk, Inventory Control (CLS) (1st Shift) - Fontana
**Requisition ID:** *220000EB*
The company is committed to and supports equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants
for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment
of employees and applicants without regard to the following
legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed,
sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic
information (including characteristics and testing), veteran
status, physical or mental disability status or any other
Keywords: APL Logistics Americas, Ltd, Fontana , Clerk, Inventory Control (CLS) (1st Shift) - Fontana CA, Professions , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!