Company: NRI Distribution
Posted on: April 3, 2021
A Day in the Life
The Shipping Clerk provides direct support to the
Receiving/Shipping/Returns Supervisor, while assisting the Lead and
the functions of the team members. The Clerk supports the
supervisor to drive solutions to support growth goals, process and
quality improvements. With a focus on results, will support and
drive progress ensuring timely processing of received product and
commitments by the Operations team, while collaborating closely
with the supervisor and all functional areas of the organization to
drive process improvement and innovation within NRI.
All About You
The Perfect Fit:
- Proficient technical capabilities, inclusive of tier one WMS
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Has the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing
- Decisions have a critical effect on the organization's
reputation, team members, client services, policies or
The Must Haves:
- High School Diploma (preferred)
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience preferred in continuous improvements to drive
customer fulfillment, quality, efficiency and safety
- Physical ability to carry out the duties, including the ability
to lift and carry up to 50lbs, walking and standing for extended
periods, climbing ladders, and tolerating conditions such as dust,
dirt, noise, odors, heat, cold etc.
Things You Will be Doing
- Consolidate and summarize shipment requirement of Customers'
- Ensures dangerous goods are shipped according to TDG
- Ensures Custom Retailer carton labels are generated/applied in
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Provides carrier information and updates to all internal
- Organizes and files all BOL's according to vendor and ship
- Ensures all manual shipment confirmations are sent to Clients
on a daily basis.
- Documents and resolves issues between carriers and vendors
- Quote shipping rates on regular basis to ensure best economical
- Route all Collect / 3rd party orders adhering to Retailer
Routing compliance guidelines.
- Reschedule missed pick-ups.
- Follow up daily with carrier appointments.
- Runs manifests to ensure accuracy when carrier pick-ups
- Investigation and follow up on all freight scenarios that
involve lost or damaged product via a carrier
- Ensures all outbound shipments are processed and routed
according to Client and Customer needs and within Service Level
- Schedule shipment and transportation arrangement.
- In collaboration with the Supervisor, works within the Vendor
Compliance processes, polices and procedures to ensure complete
compliance on all shipments that are leaving the facility.
- Create Shipping Label/Bill of Landing (UPS, FedEx, USPS and
Other Common Carrier).
NRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: NRI Distribution, Fontana , Shipping Clerk, Professions , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!