After School Community Services Assistant I
Company: City of Fontana
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Under supervision, staff will perform duties in our After School
Program consisting of an educational, enrichment and recreational
environment. Work schedule will NOT exceed 28 hours per week;
schedule is generally 11am - 6pm (varies from site to site), Monday
through Friday and may include evenings, weekends, and
The employee must have the ability to:
- Work with students in reading, spelling, mathematics and other
subjects, assist with computer skills.
- Assist in supervising and organizing recreation
- Assist in monitoring program compliance with laws, rules, and
- Supervise children/participants at park site or facility; lead
- Distribute, monitor and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Recommend and/or assist in the implementation of goals and
objectives; implement policies and procedures.
- Provide information and referrals to program participants,
school officials and community groups regarding program being
- Operate a computer and related software.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with
those contacted in the course of work.
- Perform any other tasks or functions deemed necessary to the
daily operations of the employer.THE ABOVE LIST OF ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED AS NECESSARY BY
Working Conditions: Position requires prolonged standing, sitting,
walking on level or unleveled and slippery surfaces, reaching,
twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting,
crouching, grasping and making repetitive hand movement in the
performance of daily duties. Incumbents may be required to lift,
carry and/or push objects weighing 25 pounds or more. This position
requires near and far vision for reading written documents and in
the observation of participants during activities. Acute hearing is
also required in providing customer service to public and /or
assistance in facility, classroom, or outdoors.
Experience and Training Guidelines
Experience: Assistant I - A minimum of six (6) months organized
recreation, child care, or teaching.
Education: Completion of 12th grade or equivalent; also: AA degree
from an accredited college OR completion of two (2) years of higher
education (48 semester/72 quarter units) or completion of special
Licenses/Certifications: Possession of, or ability to obtain CPR
and basic first aid certifications within sixty (60) days of hire
are required. A valid CA driver's license may be required for
certain positions. Candidates must be age 18 or older.
This position is designated as a mandated reporter under Penal Code
* 11165.7. According to CANRA (Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
Act) found in sections of the California PEN, a mandated reporter
is a person required by law to report concerns of child abuse or
This position is part-time, at-will, without benefits, unless
required by law.
Are you over the age of 18?
Do you possess a minimum of six (6) months organized recreation,
child care, or teaching?
Keywords: City of Fontana, Fontana , After School Community Services Assistant I, Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!