Company: Kaiser Permanente
Posted on: November 15, 2023
Under general supervision, operates CT scanners and other
radiographic equipment to produce images of structures in the human
body that are utilized by physicians for the diagnosis of diseases,
pathology and/or trauma. Utilizes technical judgment and skills to
ensure that produced images are of the highest diagnostic quality
anddemonstrate the area(s) of interest.
- Performs Computed Tomographic (CT) imaging.
- Assist physician during minor surgical procedures, and in
developing new techniques and procedures.
- Assist in obtaining tissue specimens.
- Follow infection control procedures andemploy safe radiation
- Modify imaging techniques which do not require change in
- Observes, monitor and take appropriate response to patient
condition during and after procedures.
- Shave and apply antiseptic solutions to patient skin
- Transport patients to/from procedure area.
- Assist physician with fluoroscopic examinations.
- Process digital or film images and makes prints, if
- Perform radiation safety monitoring.
- Records pertinent patient Information.
- Reviews patient chart to identify significant patient
- Compile pertinent Quality Assurance data.
- Operate radiographic, fluoroscopic, and portable x-ray
- Arrange for repair of imaging equipment.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
- Performs other duties as required.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the cognitive, physical,
emotional and chronological maturation process in delivery of
services to patients of the age group served.
- Identifies the impact of cultural diversity and lifestyle
choices on patient condition and makes accommodations for such
- Utilizes proper Body Mechanics.
- Documents clinical activities and required image information in
a timely, comprehensive, and accurate manner.
- Observes all organizational, regional, medical service area and
Diagnostic Imaging Department policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of professional behavior established to
enhance quality of service.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills.
- Demonstrates professional behavior in all interactions with
patients and staff.
- Maintains equipment, supplies and work area in accordance with
- Minimum three (3) years recent experience (within the last 12
months) as a CT Technologist.
- May substitute three (3) year CT experience with successful
completion of the department's formal CT training program.
- Please refer to Required License, Certification, Registration
or Designation section.
License, Certification, Registration
- Possesses and maintains current certification as a Certified
Radiologic Technologist (CRT) issued by the State of California
Department of Public Health.
- Fluoroscopy Permit issued by the State of California Department
of Public Health.
- Valid Certificate of Completion in Intravenous Administration
of Contrast Materials as stipulated in the California H&S
- Registration as a Registered Radiologic Technologist
(Radiography) issued by the American Registry of Radiologic
- American Heart Association approved BLS, Healthcare Provider
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of and to utilize theories,
principles, practices and techniques of Radiologic Technology.
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge, skills, abilities, and
behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive
service to each other, to members, customers, contracted providers
- Advance Certificate in CT (ARRT).
- 12-hour set weekend shift.
- Will work every weekend.
- Will work at all Fontana Medical Center Locations
Primary Location: California,Fontana,Fontana Medical Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 24
Workdays: Sat, Sun
Working Hours Start: 07:30 AM
Working Hours End: 08:00 PM
Job Schedule: Part-time
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation: B07-IBT-Local 166
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Department: Fontana Medical Center - New - Tomography-Day -
Pay Range: $54.95 - $59.45 / hour The ranges posted above reflect
the location in the job posting. The salary range may vary if you
reside in a different location or state than the location
Travel: No At Kaiser Permanente, equity, inclusion and diversity
are inextricably linked to our mission, and we aim to make it a
part of everything we do. We know that having a diverse and
inclusive workforce makes Kaiser Permanente a better place to
receive health care, a more supportive partner in our communities
we serve, and a more fulfilling place to work. Working at Kaiser
Permanente means that you agree to and abide by our commitment to
equity and our expectation that we all work together to create an
inclusive work environment focused on a sense of belonging and
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation,
national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information,
other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or
any other protected status. Submit Interest
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente, Fontana , CT Technologist, Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!