Municipal Program Coordinator
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Burrtec Waste Industries, Inc. is a well established refuse and
recycling collection company serving over fifteen municipalities
throughout Southern California and employing over 1200 full time
employees. Burrtec continues to grow through acquisitions and
successful bid proposals. Burrtec is a family owned company that
firmly believes the key element to our success is knowing how
important each employee is in the organization.
We have an Municipal Program Coordinator position opening at our of
Corporate offices in Fontana:
- Prepare Electronic Annual Reporting for assigned Cities:
- Review and analyze all County Disposal Reporting System (DRS)
reports for all waste disposed and diverted that originated in
- Contact local recycling companies that receive recyclable
materials from the public from within the respective City and
request tonnage dates for material received from both residents and
businesses during the previous calendar year.
- Contact large businesses within City limits to request tonnage
data for materials recycled during the previous calendar year.
- Request HHW data from County HHW (tonnages) taken in from
residents of the respective Cities.
- Calculate residential and commercial recycling participation
- Review and analyze Burrtec generated Annual CalRecycle EAR and
Annual waste Generation & Diversion Reports for the previous
calendar year for materials originating in contracted Cities.
- Research discrepancies and direct corrections to be made
Burrtec generated Annual Waste Generation & Diversion Reports for
the previous calendar year for materials originating in contracted
- Review and analyze materials recycled by hauling division.
- Review contracted Cities' Electronic Annual Reports.
- Input all data into contracted Cities' EAR.
- Media release / education
- Work with Jurisdiction and Burrtec staff when developing media
releases and/or educational outreach materials.
- Draft/finalize Residential & Commercial collateral as
- Residential & Commercial Brochures & Flyers Content
- Compliance Mailings, Postcards, and Inserts
- Special Billing Notices
- Legislative Updates
- Presentations to public groups, schools, industry groups,
Chambers of Commerce, private entities, etc. as a part of outreach
- Prepare and staff outreach events where a booth/table on
recycling is requested or is a good venue fit.
- Develop educational recycling and environmental programs for
local school districts and community groups.
- Provide tours and presentations of the Burrtec Material
Recovery Facilities to students and other visitors.
- Attends various committee meetings. as needed.
- Project collaboration
- Work with Sales and Recycling Coordinators, Municipal Services,
Division Managers, and operations personnel when appropriate during
- Coordinate and assist management with special events/projects
- Coordinate grant funded projects (i.e., Reports, attends
- Attend and participate in events, conferences, and conventions
on weekdays, weekends, evenings, including multiple day travel
requirements, and overnight stays.
- Work with jurisdictional staff to implement programs and
- Coordinate the Residential Recycle Right Program for assigned
- Manage promotional item inventory, ordering and prepare event
boxes for tabling's/booths as required.
- Tracking & Reporting
- Compile data jurisdictions with Annual CalRecycle pre-site
visit conference call and site visit.
- Participate with CalRecycle compliance meetings and calls as
- Monitor, Review and Develop monthly/quarterly/yearly detailed
reports on recycling activities for City staff.
- Monthly Program Compliance Tracking and Review.
- Monitor Jurisdictional Compliance Dashboard and update
- Compile respective field data for Wastec and Recyclist
- Other Projects and Assignments as Needed KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent P.C. skills with thorough knowledge of Word and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Comfortable making presentations and interaction with the
public at large.
- Strong presentation, networking, time management and
- Self-motivated and have ability to plan multiple projects from
concept to completion.
- Comfortable in face-to-face situations and enjoy people
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation, required
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of state recycling mandates and CalRecycle,
- Experience in terms of recycling and diversion programs,
- Previous experience in the waste and recycling industry is
- Standing and/or sitting for prolonged periods of time - up to 8
hours or more per day
- Manual dexterity and vision sufficient to operate a personal
computer for long periods of time without experiencing abnormal
hand, wrist or eye strain.
- Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person
and on the telephone. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The work area is primarily in an office setting and may have
fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package
including 401k and 100% paid medical/dental/life insurance and
Keywords: Burrtec, Fontana , Municipal Program Coordinator, Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...