LVN - (Bilingual) Fontana Med Center - Pediatrics-Regular Clinic (Part Time On-Call)
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Job Summary: Provides nursing care to patients under the
direction of a Registered Nurse, utilizes observational skills to
assess nursing intervention and assists medical staff to insure
optimal patient care within established policies, procedures and
standards. Essential Responsibilities:
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors,
physicians, and co-workers; shows courtesy, compassion, and
respect; conforms to the critical service standards established for
the department and the medical group.
- Provides therapeutic patient care in accordance with the
patients established by the physician and a registered nurse within
scope of practice.
- Transcribes physicians orders as directed by policy.
- Communicates directly with registered nurse to institute
changes in plan of care; assists with and contributes to
development of nursing care.
- Give specified medication orally, hypodermically,
intramuscularly and topically.
- Executes treatments such as urinary catheterizations, bladder
irrigations and installations, suctioning procedures, throat
irrigations and enemas and utilizing equipment as required.
- Performs related patient care functions such as taking
temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure readings;
applying and removing dressings; may instruct patient in various
self-administered treatments or procedures; obtains specimens;
assures correct culture collection.
- Assists physician or other medical staff personnel with
examinations and treatments by selecting and passing instruments,
providing support and restraint to patient, draping and other
assistance as directed or required.
- Within scope, evaluates patients condition by observing signs,
symptoms, and reactions to therapy, to identify unexpected and/or
significant findings, initiates appropriate emergency procedures as
necessary and reports unusual conditions to the registered nurse as
established by policy and procedure in a timely manner; maintains
intravenous flow rate, performs venipuncture and finger sticks to
obtain blood samples, notifies R.N. of any problems and
discontinues needles, except intra-cath and CVP lines.
- Identifies learning barriers.
- Documents patient signs, symptoms, observations and therapeutic
treatments to patients medical record.
- Ensures cleanliness of nursing module, patient room, and
environment and proper functioning of patient care equipment by
visual inspection, routine testing, and other related methods.
- Provides a safe and therapeutic environment for patients and
- Utilizes effective verbal and non-verbal forms of
- Performs in other areas or units to which assigned as required
by nursing administration to provide and maintain the established
standards of care and safety.
- Participates in staff meetings and inservice programs.
- Assists in ordering and distribution of module supplies and
- Accepts verbal and telephone orders from physician.
- Administers pulse oximetry, humidification therapy, spirometer,
oxygen therapy via mask or nasal cannula, oral, nasal and trach
suctioning and sputum induction.
- Promotes, ensures, and improves customer service to
internal/external customers by demonstrating skills which are
consistent with the organizations philosophy of providing
extraordinary customer relations and quality service.
- Performs other related duties as required including checking in
- Age Related Competencies: Skills assessments and validations
are utilized to ensure that employees providing patient care to
specific age groups (i.e. infants, adolescents, elderly, etc.) are
proficient in identifying the special needs and behaviors
associated with a particular patient population.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time
as directed. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- Six (6) months recent medical office or acute care LVN
- N/A License, Certification, Registration
- Vocational Nurse License (California)
- Basic Life Support Additional Requirements:
- Then if unable to fill: Current LVN license, BCLS Certification
and successful completion of internal Kaiser New Graduate LVN
- Extraordinary customer relations and quality service are
critical to our success.
- We seek candidates who can demonstrate these skills and are
dedicated to providing the highest quality of service to our health
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required.
- Pediatric experience required. Notes:
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test
(within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
- Variable days - Sun-Sat with Variable start times.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Fontana , LVN - (Bilingual) Fontana Med Center - Pediatrics-Regular Clinic (Part Time On-Call), Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!