Planner/Customer Service Representative
Company: Swift Refrigerated
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Manages and performs
Customer Service functions regarding a specific or assigned number
or assigned customers which could include regional, dedicated or
National Accounts. Will work in conjunction with other internal
departments to achieve territorial balance of capacity and freight
while achieving high service levels. Provide direction regarding
customer needs and requirements and capacity.
- Manage and solicit business from a specific or assigned number
of customers by using daily available capacity.
- Serve as an extension of Sales to expand business revenue by
exploring all dedicated, rail and logistics opportunities with
- Ability to set priorities and to communicate to areas involving
changes that could affect daily operations.
- Serve as Customer's first line of communication and refer
Customer to the proper departments if/when necessary (i.e. Pricing,
- Maintains knowledge of customer contractual requirements
relative to trailer pools in order to keep turns at the level set
to gain optimum utilization of company equipment.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracing loads so that follow up
can be made to Customers regarding late pickups and or deliveries;
as well as any other changes that may occur. Resolve load target
and ensure on time delivery.
- Responsible for managing and clearing assigned user discrepancy
queue to expedite the billing process.
- Responsible for managing service issues by researching and
coding all applicable service failures in the system to support
accurate service reporting.
- Responsible for managing EDI related requirements regarding 214
Status releasing or other similar electronic transmissions as
required by Customer.
- Assist in collecting and maintaining current Customer
information in the system.
- Communicate service problems, turned down freight, and new
business opportunities to Sales.
- Determine balance, capacity, and demand of loads and
- Communicate with Terminal and Driver managers regarding Driver
needs. Work with Planning Directors, if applicable, on customer
trailer issues, including detention monitoring.
- Work directly with Sales Managers on customer needs and
- Monitor service failures with the CSR group.
- Skills: Ability to manage others, knowledge of the
transportation industry preferred, ability to communicate well with
others, ability to transfer knowledge, above average writing skills
and organizational skills, professional appearance, ability to take
direction from managers and detail oriented, ability to solve
problems and work in high pressure situations, and computer based
keyboard skills. working knowledge of PC and AS400, Excel, Word,
ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, excellent time
management skills. Ability to manage various large accounts and
activities, and self motivated.
- Education: Associates degree or equivalent combination of
education and/or experience required.
- Experience Required: Two years of Operations or Customer
service experience required. Experience may vary to require
Flatbed, Container, Dedicated Operational or Intermodal experience
based on the customer accounts.
Keywords: Swift Refrigerated, Fontana , Planner/Customer Service Representative, Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!