Company: Cox Auto Inc
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This position assists the Shop Manager in managing and
overseeing the daily operation of the shop, supervising shop
employees and directing the work in an efficient and productive
manner to meet required daily goals and Manheim's quality and
service standards when preparing vehicles for sale.
- Supervise the inspection of vehicles to ensure the required
repairs and work is satisfactorily completed.
- Manage the workflow and activities of the shop employees to
ensure that all vehicles are completed in a timely manner and in
accordance with established Manheim quality standards.
- Monitor process and work with production employees to ensure
SOP is being adhered too.
- Ensure employees have proper equipment and are properly trained
in its use.
- Communicate, discuss and resolve reconditioning goals, results
and problems with the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring all services are accounted for and
appropriately charged against the vehicle.
- Assist manager in counseling and disciplining employees as
necessary, monitoring and evaluating employee job performance, and
conducting performance appraisals.
- Use PT Scanner, VCF and any management tool to track production
and post charges.
- Effectively leads the team at the location by setting an
example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and ensuring
that all employees are treated with respect.
- Monitor and control the use of supplies, materials and
equipment for the recon shop and with approval of the department
manager purchase equipment and supplies as necessary.
- Monitor and aide in ensuring established guidelines for a safe
work environment are met to achieve compliance with OSHA and EPA
- Work with manager to review work volumes, plan and continuously
monitor staffing levels to ensure efficiency, quality work product,
and effective customer service; review departmental performance
against key performance indicators and metrics and develop and
execute strategies for improvement.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee
and customer conduct.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of relevant experience in
related field or an equivalent combination of education and
- 2 - 5 years vehicle reconditioning, detailing, mechanical,
and/or body shop experience required depending on the departmental
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations preferred
- Excellent people, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Competent supervisory and excellent organizational skills
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and
- Ability to lift 1-30 pounds (light hand tools, etc.) Manual
dexterity, repetitive motion tasks.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts hazard, and toxic
or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level. Frequent exposure to
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There's nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of
every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation,
client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and
owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more
than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the
best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry
forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer
brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are
creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like
Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common
purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Auto Inc, Fontana , Production Supervisor, Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!