Company: Open Systems Technologies
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Our client is seeking a Door Finisher to join their team in
Fontana, CA. Position Purpose: The Door Finisher operates power
grinding machines to grind internal and external surfaces of metal
in preparation for final painting process. This position is focused
on getting the job done right the first time by placing a high
emphasis on quality of workmanship, accountability, safety, and
teamwork.Job Requirements: General Responsibilities:
- Support all continuous improvements in safety, quality, 5S and
existing manufacturing processes.
- Provide feedback to leadership to help resolve quality issues
or operational improvements in regards to productivity and
- Ensure the machine is always running.
- Communicate any issues that prevent product flow.
- Know and abide to all company rules and policies with regards
to safety and conduct, including the use and maintenance of company
- Embrace the cross-training culture by a willingness to learn
other jobs or tasks within the facility.
- Do daily housekeeping to ensure the work area is always clean
- Flexible schedule is required in regards to overtime and start
time according to work volumes. Primary Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate grinding tools and maintain continuous
workflow through adherence of documented processes.
- Produce parts utilizing the 'top down" production list.
- Assist with daily PM schedule for machine, manuals and
- Perform first part inspections as well as in-process quality
checks. Physical Demands:
- Frequently grasp, push, rotate, and pull 50 pounds.
- Dexterous with both hands.
- Occasionally work while in a bended, kneeled, stooped, or
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to wear a respirator for extended periods.
- Fast paced custom metal manufacturing environment.
- High noise levels.
- Contact with metals and lubricants.
- Exposure to airborne metal particles and dust requiring daily
use of a respirator mask.
- Exposure to moving objects such as machinery, mechanical parts,
forklifts, and carts.
- Exposure to hot or cold temperature when working in areas of
the building that cannot be temperature controlled (especially
during summer months).
Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- 1-2 years manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced production
- Metalworking / Hollow Metal fabrication experience
- Dexterous with manufacturing equipment, basic power tools and
- Required Skills:
- Experience with handheld grinding tools.
- Ability to layout and load materials.
- Ability to mix and apply Bondo as required ensuring a smooth
- Understanding of finished product quality requirements.
Keywords: Open Systems Technologies, Fontana , Door Finisher, Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!