Spot Frame Welder
Company: Open Systems Technologies
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Our client is seeking a Spot Frame Welder to join their team in
Fontana, CA. Position Purpose: The Spot Welder uses resistance
welding to join overlapping edges of positioned components to
fabricate hollow metal door or frame assemblies. This position is
focused on getting the job done right the first time by placing a
high emphasis on quality of workmanship, accountability, safety,
Job Requirements:General Responsibilities:
- Support all continuous improvements in safety, quality, 5S and
existing manufacturing processes.
- Provide feedback to leadership to help resolve quality issues
or operational improvements in regards to productivity and
- Ensure the machine is always running.
- Communicate any issues that prevent product flow.
- Know and abide to all company rules and policies with regards
to safety and conduct, including the use and maintenance of company
- Embrace the cross-training culture by a willingness to learn
other jobs or tasks within the facility.
- Do daily housekeeping to ensure the work area is always clean
- Flexible schedule is required in regards to overtime and start
time according to work volumes. Primary Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate spot welding machines and maintain
continuous workflow through adherence of documented processes.
- Produce parts utilizing the 'top down" production list.
- Perform first part inspections as well as in-process quality
checks. Physical Demands:
- Ability to frequently lift, push, pull, and grasp 50
- Dexterous with both hands.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- May perform work while in a bended or stooped position. Work
- Fast paced custom metal manufacturing environment.
- High noise levels.
- Contact with metals and lubricants.
- Exposure to moving objects such as machinery, mechanical parts,
forklifts, and carts.
- Exposure to hot or cold temperature when working in areas of
the building that cannot be temperature controlled (especially
during summer months). Education and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a high volume, fast paced production
- Dexterous with manufacturing equipment, basic power tools and
- Knowledge of spot-welding machine operation and maintenance
- Knowledge and application of the unique safety requirements for
- Metalworking / Hollow Metal fabrication experience
- Required Skills:
- Ability to read and understand engineering documents and shop
- Ability to layout and load materials using basic math and
handheld measuring tools.
- Understanding of finished product characteristics.
Keywords: Open Systems Technologies, Fontana , Spot Frame Welder, Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!