Company: Pulau Corporation
Location: Fort Irwin
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Pyrotechnicianposition supports the Army Training Aids,
Devices, Simulators and Simulations Maintenance Program (ATMP)
contract at Fort Irwin, CA.
Job duties include:
- Performs routine tasks replacing target components, wiring
circuits, and simple repair functions.
- Receives technical guidance from supervisor or senior
- Applies technical knowledge of electronics principles in
determining and solving equipment malfunctions.
- Performs loading/unloading and maintenance of pyrotechnic
devices to include setup and recovery of special pyrotechnic
- Performshandling of a variety of pyrotechnic rounds to include
loading, firing, unloading and disposal of live and dud
- Stores, consumes, and accounts for all issued parts and
materials to support range maintenance operations.
- Captures and records accurate and timely maintenance history
ensuring unique corrective measures for work orders and repair are
annotated into the AWARE Management Information System (MIS).
- Shares maintenance issues and general operations updates with
the supervisor and senior technicians.
- Safely operates company vehicle; navigates established range
roads and trails to specific locations using basic navigation
techniques with map/compass, Global Positioning System (GPS), Night
Optical Devices (NOD) when necessary, and radio communication
- Performs operator maintenance on company provided
- Support quality / ISO, security and safety training
- Safeguards all assigned equipment issued by PULAU Corporation
against loss, theft, and damage.
- May be assigned task to support military Rotational Training
Units MILES install / de-install and instrumentation.
- Will be cross-trained to support other TADSS and may be
assigned tasks to support other ATMP contract equipment on the
- One year's past experience with electronic equipment
maintenance and repair.
- Experience with military range targetry equipment is
- SECRET Security Clearance and access permit to post by local
law enforcement and security agencies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain a Government Common Access Card
- Must possess a valid Class C, California drivers license with
HAZMATand NTC Post driving privileges.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs and wear appropriate
personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Within 90 days of hire, must complete a company drivers
certification course; be able to navigate in NTC's operational
training area under limited visibility and inclement weather
conditions, and demonstrate proficiency for all work tasks
- Must be able to read and understand manufacturers' manuals or
- Must be able to work outside in desert environment, including
heat, cold, blowing sand, and inclement weather.
- Must be a US citizen.
Keywords: Pulau Corporation, Fontana , Pyrotechnician, Other , Fort Irwin, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!