Our business is real estate, but
our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful
buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people
who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make
it all happen.
The Warehouse Technician assists the
Warehouse Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisors and Facility Director
in maintaining the warehouse. This involves ensuring parts are
ordered, invoices and backup are sent to accounting; and stocking
of the warehouse.
1. Must have computer skills
2. Must keep Supply area clean, safe and
3. Must keep track of tools and equipment
and make sure that they are in safe working order.
4. Report any maintenance or resident
related concerns to manager and/or supervisor in a timely
5. Attend and participate in training
seminars as requested. Be aware and operate within OSHA
(Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety
policies and procedures at all times.
6. Ensure effective, timely and
professional interactions with residents, contractors and property
management team on all maintenance services provided.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of warehouse software packages
and MS Office proficiency.
2. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
3. Strong organizational and time management skills.
4. Proven knowledge and application of codes, laws, and
5. Must be able to pass background investigation and drug test
1. High School Diploma or GED
2. Valid Drivers License and acceptable driving record.
3. All specific certifications required by law.
4. Must successfully complete all required courses, classes, and
training provided by MMS.
Required Skills and
1. Must be able to work as part of a team,
as well as complete assignments independently.
2. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer
3. Perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely
4. Must be able to read and write legibly to complete required
maintenance reports and requests, review manuals and operating
instructions, read cautionary labels, and respond to written
instruction from staff and residents.
5. Read and interpret technical drawings and diagrams.
6. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful
7. Take instructions from supervisors.
8. Exercise problem-solving skills.
9. Interact with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, residents,
guests, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
1. Must be able to work 40 hours per week
to include evenings, weekends and holidays if required for
emergency, on-call or scheduled shifts. Occasional overtime hours
may be required.
2. Working in a maintenance environment may result in occasional
exposure to dust, fumes, solvents, adhesives, variable lighting
conditions and noise.
3. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all conditions,
often for extended periods.
4. Requires routine squatting, walking, and lifting of no more than
75lbs without assistance, with full range of motion.
5. Must be able and eligible to drive a company vehicle for
completing resident service requests, picking up replacement parts
and supplies from warehouses and vendors, and inspecting