Our business is real estate, but
our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful
buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people
who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make
it all happen.
The Pool Monitor is responsible for the
welfare and conduct of residents and their guests utilizing the
pool, splash pad, restrooms, and adjacent areas, to include the
Welcome Center and fitness area. This involves ensuring a clean
swim environment, overseeing and monitoring the swimmers, and
verifying the eligibility those using the amenity all residents and
their guests. This is NOT a lifeguard position. The Pool Monitor
must be self-reliant and able to work well with the guests, while
enforcing pool rules and providing exceptional customer
The Pool Monitor will carry out assigned duties in an efficient
manner, and in addition to the duties described herein, will
perform other duties as requested by their supervisor.
1. Demonstrate excellent customer service
and communication skills by utilizing effective and professional
interactions with residents and their guests.
2. Proficiently log in and verify pool
passes of all residents and guests.
3. Know and enforce all pool policies and
procedures in a respectful manner.
4. Complete daily opening and closing procedures of the pool and
5. Document any incidents, accidents, and
injuries as they occur, and report to supervisor.
6. Keep pool area clean.
7. Periodically inspect pool, Welcome
Center and common areas, performing janitorial assistance as
needed. Make sure all gates and entrances are locked and adequate
lighting in those areas is maintained.
8. On evenings before trash pickup, ensure
trash bins are moved to curb for morning pickup. Return bins to
fenced area the following day.
9. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Must be able to pass drug test screening.
Required Skills and
1. Must be able to complete assignments
2. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer
3. Perform duties under pressure.
4. Must be able to read and write legibly to complete required
daily pool reports, review manuals and resident guidelines, and
respond to written instruction from staff and residents.
5. Prioritize and manage daily workload to ensure successful
6. Take instructions from supervisors.
7. Exercise problem-solving skills.
8. Interact with co-workers, supervisors, residents, guests, and
the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
1. This is a seasonal position. Must be
able to work 3-4 shifts per week to include evenings, weekends and
2. Must be able to work indoors and outdoors in all conditions,
often for extended periods.