The VA Loma Linda Health Care System is currently recruiting one
Management Analyst in Education Service/Clinical Education Section.
The Management Analyst in the Education Service works under the
direction of the Associate Chief of Staff for Education (ACOS/E)
and provides program support to the Office of Academic
Affiliations/Graduate Medical Education (OAA/GME}.
Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as Team Lead for subordinate positions performing duties
in support of the Graduate Medical Education Program, Associated
Health, and training programs.
- Employ advanced qualitative techniques to analyze the
effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity or organizational
- Apply methods and techniques concerning administrative support
- Develop creative solutions and processes to resolve areas of
- Participate in completing analysis of data and identify
administrative significant findings.
- Maintain an awareness of available resources and makes
recommendations to Executive Management regarding resident
- Establish business relationships with affiliating institutions,
state, and federal agencies.
- Ensure training programs support facility compliance with Joint
- Process all formal request for rotations from preceptors,
verify provided credentials, and electronic archiving of approved
- Review liability certificates submitted by affiliate
institutions ensuring minimum liability limits are met throughout
the effective period of each active agreement.
- Prepare documentation for electronic funds transfer
reimbursement of on-call residents.
- Coordinate program for assuring Accreditation Council for
Graduate Medical Education regulation for 24-hour access to food by
- Conduct resident activity audits by validating presence of
- Oversee the processing of Program Letters of Agreements and
Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Management Analyst/PD119660
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Business Management
- Analysts, Management
- Analysts, Program
- Business Management Analysts
- Computer Occupations, All Other
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job
- Designated and/or random drug testing may be required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to background/security investigation
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all
requirements by the closing date of this announcement,
Time-In-Grade Requirement: Applicants who are current Federal
employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks
must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of
this announcement. For a GS-11 position you must have served 52
weeks at the GS-09. The grade may have been in any occupation, but
must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows
your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your
application materials. If the most recent SF-50 has an effective
date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you
possess one-year time-in-grade, as required by the announcement. In
this instance, you must provide an additional SF-50 that clearly
demonstrates one-year time-in-grade.
Note: Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal
employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees
applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA)
You may qualify based on your experience and/or education as
described below: (must be in resume)
- Specialized Experience: (In addition to meeting Time and Grade)
You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at
least the next lower grade GS-09 in the normal line of progression
for the occupation in the organization. Examples of specialized
experience in resumewould typically include, but are not limited
to: quantitative, qualitative analysis, administrative policies,
regulations, laws, policies, management, planning, coordinating,
monitoring, evaluative techniques, resolution of issues. OR,
- Education: Applicants may substitute education for the required
experience. To qualify based on education for this grade level you
must have I possess a PH.D. or equivalent graduate degree, 3 full
years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to
such a degree, L.L.M. if related. OR,
- Combination: Applicants may also combine education and
experience to qualify at this level. You must have an combination
of specialized experience and graduate education.
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this
- Administration and Management
- Computer Skills
- Knowledge Management
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including
volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace
Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social).
Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and
skills and can provide valuable training and experience that
translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for
all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Note: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of
work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis
of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants
wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly
the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position
and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
Physical Requirements: The work is generally sedentary. It may
involve some walking, standing, bending, or carrying of light
items. Stamina and concentration to meet crucial deadlines is
required. There may be a certain amount of pressure due to time
constraints. There is extensive use of computer systems. Requires
flexibility as to travel and attendance for OAA, ACGME and at
meetings at the affiliate related to this position.
For more information on these qualification standards, please
visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website at
A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are
basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities,
schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal
employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/.
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification
requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency
with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
For further information, visit: