Under general supervision, the facilities Custodian is
responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly Building /
Facility. Work is performed with some independence within
established policies, procedures and techniques, and is subject to
general or direct supervision as the work situation warrants.
As part of the DSV team, Associates are expected to meet company
objectives in the areas of performance, safety, and quality.
Associates are expected to comply with all corporate and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain offices, cubical, conference rooms, restrooms, and or
any other office space clean and in orderly fashion.
- Maintain Storage areas (neat and clean)
- Maintains cleanliness of exterior grounds (bay areas, lobby
- Empty trash receptacles in the warehouse daily at a
- Replace or refill all water dispensers (jugs) in warehouse and
office areas daily or as needed.
- Maintain floors daily to ensure cleanliness, no dirt and
debris, obstacles and trip/slip hazards. Post hazard information
signs where needed.
- Operate electric pallet jack, sweeper/lift, baler, and
compactor in accordance with OSHA requirements. Proper preventive
maintenance records must be kept and required PPE must be worn at
- Maintain materials in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
- Conduct daily "pre-operating" inspections on the equipment
intended for use. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient
manner. Report any faulty or damaged items to your Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as required
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High school diploma or general education degree
- Able to operate MHE or become certified within 30 days of
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Satisfactory completion of a forklift training program for
electric pallet jack.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Clear speaking in order to communicate effectively with vendors
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and
- Able to maintain employee confidentiality
- Physical ability to lift (40lbs), bend and reach
- Safe practices when operating power equipment and or
- 6 months experience in same role
- Current or prior MHE certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses
his/her hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach
with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. Must be
able to lift up to 40 lbs while following proper lifting
procedures. Must be able to stand on feet for up to 8 hours per
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described above are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.