Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Neovia Logistics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Functions as a business partner, responsible for providing
budgeting, forecasting, and analysis support to management of
assigned client groups. Works closely with business leaders to
drive operational efficiencies that result in improvement in the
financial results of the company. Provides relevant insightful
information to identify trends that will impact near-term operating
results and help predict future financial outcomes, hence assisting
the business with decision-making.
- Prepares annual business plan and quarterly forecasts for
assigned client groups.
- Prepares special financial reports and/or performs special
projects to improve efficiencies and performance, as assigned by
- Provide insightful reports and analysis on a monthly basis to
explain variances against budgets and forecast that is accurate,
comprehensive and credible to help the leadership teams understand
and manage the business.
- Collaborates with customers (e.g., Logistic Site Managers or
Functional Group Managers) with regards to financial results and
serve as the first point-of-contact for issues and questions.
- Participates in external audit processes, such as providing
explanations and reports and investigating any issues.
- Works closely with Finance and Accounting team during month-end
close to ensure smooth and timely financial close, analysis and
reporting for assigned client groups.
- Works closely with business leaders to identify and manage
changes in the business.
- Assists with the new business acquisition and existing business
renewal process in collaboration with Finance and other Business
- Initiates and prepares capital expenditure requests according
to company policy for assigned client groups.
- Cross-trains as back-ups for other staff in the case of
- Identifies trends in financial performance and providing
recommendations for improvement.
- Coordinates with other members of the finance team to review
financial information and forecasts.
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service and
tangible outputs. Relies on industry standards, best practices, and
qualitative and quantitative data to support and/or refine
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned, including
overnight and/or international travel (when requested).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA
- Minimum 5 years of experience with targeted financial planning
and analysis and other related areas.
- Previous accounting or financial analysts with a blend of
experiences including accounting and operations/commercial support
- Experience with SAP and BPC preferred.
Work is primarily sedentary. Sits comfortably to do the work;
however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, or lifting
item weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal
- Good general business acumen.
- High standards relative to character and personal
- Ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of
the organization, and with external vendors and regulatory
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with the
ability to swiftly shift approach based on audience.
- Ability to communicate complex issues/solutions in a manner
that is easily understood and actionable despite the audience.
- Ability to perform well within a fast-paced, deadline-driven
and team-oriented environment that requires the management of
multiple projects at once, without compromising quality and service
- Ability to operate and influence at a strategic level, maintain
composure and professionalism, deliver results, despite
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of extremely sensitive data
at all times.
- Must have strong analytical skills, ability to work
independently, have exceptional interpersonal and organizational
skills and pay specific attention to details.
Keywords: Neovia Logistics, Fontana , Senior Financial Analyst, Other , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!