Prep Cook Fontana Slover
Company: Farmer Boys
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Non-exempt, full or part-time position. The line cook is
responsible for Farmer Boys' overall meal preparation and
presentation consistently and efficiently according to Farmer Boys'
standards while using independent decision-making. Employees in
this position provide customers with menu items as quickly,
conveniently, and efficiently as possible in a friendly manner. A
line cook is also required to work with other cooks and
servers/cashiers in a team-like and friendly manner. Other duties
* Adheres to food safety and sanitation procedures as trained and
as directed by the Manager in Charge.
* Prepares meals as assigned according to Farmer Boys cooking
specifications and customer requests.
* Ensures correct portioning, sizing, packaging, plate
presentation, wrapping, freshness, and speed of service.
* Follows food preparation sheet to ensure appropriate stock levels
for items used and provides feedback to management regarding par
levels and usage.
* Notifies the manager of any perishable items whose freshness is
* Operates, cleans, and sharpens all appropriate food preparation
* Reports all spoilage and poor-quality products to the manager
* Communicate with cashiers in a friendly and professional manner,
ensuring correct order fulfillment.
* Maintains stock and cleanliness of required work areas as
directed by the Manager in Charge.
* Follows the work schedule as posted unless a change in the
schedule is arranged with the Manager in Charge.
* Must possess and display genuine concern, care, and empathy for
all guests and their overall dining experience.
* Must be detail-oriented and disciplined to complete assigned
tasks in the pursuit of excellence.
* Must behave and act by brand standards in all areas of food
safety and food preparation.
* Must understand and achieve company vision, mission, and
* Must be able to work as a team member and be an effective
representative of the brand.
* Must possess the ability to effectively work independently or in
teams, mindful of all timetables.
* Proactively protects critical limits and standards assigned to
product critical control points.
* Unwavering protection of the safety of products above all other
* Immediately notifies the Manager in Charge of any food safety
* Required to periodically attend and implement assigned food
safety training classes and educational opportunities.
* Adheres to food safety standards and procedures.
* Immediately notifies the Manager in Charge of any guest accidents
or injuries and follows established procedures.
* Always protects assets but does not put self at risk.
* Practices safe work habits and reports any unsafe conditions to
* Reads, understand, and follows instructions and labeling system
on all Safety Data Sheets.
* Minimum age requirement is 18.
* 0 - 3 years of cook or preparation cook or combination of
experience in a restaurant or foodservice establishment.
* Understands the importance of quality food products and overall
* Ability to take direction, read and comprehend written
* Must be able to present State or County mandated Food Handler
Card within the time allowed for the specific State or County.
*Working Environment/ Minimum Physical Requirements*
* This is a restaurant operations job.
* May be working for periods of time in kitchen environments with
higher ambient air temperatures than normal.
* While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly
exposed to the risk of fumes. Use of solvents and industrial
degreasers are required regularly to clean equipment, tools, and
floors; the fumes occur when cleaning.
* Physical requirements include standing (up to 4 hours at a time);
walking, bending, and stooping (while preparing food and stocking).
Requirements also include lifting (up to 65 pounds) while putting
away deliveries and/or stocking supplies. Approximately 99% of the
time is spent in standing and/or walking mode.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* Fast casual restaurant
* Day shift
Weekly day range:
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Fontana, CA 92337: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Required)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Farmer Boys, Fontana , Prep Cook Fontana Slover, Hospitality & Tourism , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!