Retail Associate (PT)
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of
individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day
Primary Responsibility / Summary
Work under the direction of Site Management to maintain the
efficient operation of a Retail Store, Boutique or Attended
Donation Center (ADC) to achieve established goals for sales,
production, service, safety and expense control. Goodwill Southern
California greatly values our employees' health and well-being. Per
company Policy, all our employees are required to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19. .
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide excellent service, engages with each customer and
donor, while presenting a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Communicate our Mission and acts in accordance with our values
(RISE: Respect, Integrity, Service and Integrity) to our
Ambassadors, customers and donors.
- Follow all safety rules and exercises caution in all work
- Maintain a clean and safe environment by following all personal
protective equipment policies and procedures.
- Perform accurate Point of Sale (POS) and cash handling
- Receive and accurately record donations using technology.
- Sort, clean, process, price donated goods, following company
- Merchandise and maintain the salesfloor to meet established
company standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Load and unload trucks and performs necessary cleaning and
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education & Experience
- Ability to read, speak and write Basic English.
- Ability to operate cash register, personal computer and other
technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Ability to share Goodwill's purpose with the public and ask for
monetary donations and ask customer and donor information.
- Ability to work with a diverse team.
- Some retail and sales experience helpful.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required.
Other Educational Skills & Abilities
- None required.
English Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small
group situations to customers, clients, and other ambassadors of
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's.Ability to perform these operations
using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an ambassador to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- No special vision requirements.
The physical, mental & environmental conditions in which the work
is performed. The work environment characteristics described are
representative of those an ambassador encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Moderate noise
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill's values of Respect, Integrity, Service, &
- New Hire Orientation
- Harassment Prevention (non-management)
- Position specific training
Values-Based Work Environment Notice
Goodwill Southern California provides a values-based work
environment for our ambassadors. All individuals are expected to
support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list
of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it
intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required
to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general
nature of the job.
- Drug Screen (FT Only)
- Background Check (FT Only)
- Employment Verification
- Verification of COVID-19 Vaccinations
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity
employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers
to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity
for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment
including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age
Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against
qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the
provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly
issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled
persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits
to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of
his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be
extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations
for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or
applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability.
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Fontana , Retail Associate (PT), Hospitality & Tourism , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!