Ambulatory Care Pharmacist - Full Time - Primary Care - Fontana, CA
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Job Summary: Provides ambulatory pharmaceutical care services
using approved protocols in collaboration with other health
professional, including managing patient drug therapy, providing
patient education, and preparing and/or overseeing the preparation
and dispensing of medications. Promotes high quality,
evidence-based, cost-effective pharmaceutical care. Performs these
duties in the clinical areas assigned.Essential
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Conducts patient medication history inquiries upon referral
from physicians and other medical personnel.
- Given a diagnosis, synthesize a treatment plan, which may
include drug therapy and lifestyle modifications, and transition
within the continuum of care settings.
- Identifies, resolves, and prevents potential and actual
medication-related problems including: untreated indications,
improper drug selection, subtherapeutic dosage, overdose, failure
to receive medication, adverse drug reactions, drug interactions,
and medication without indication.
- Under protocol, initiates, adjusts, monitors, and recommends
changes in drug therapy based on information obtained through
patient interviews, objective monitoring parameters, review of drug
profiles and the patient medical record.
- Coordinates and interprets laboratory monitoring of drug
therapy, including serum drug levels, electrolytes, and other
approved drug-related laboratory testing.
- Provides patient monitoring for the purpose of evaluating and
optimizing patient outcomes, drug utilization and patient
compliance, detecting and/or minimizing ADRs, eliminating
unnecessary drug use and duplication.
- Provides patient education related to the individuals disease
state, including predictable actions, side effects, reasons for
proper compliance, and any special instruction.
- Assure ongoing performance improvement of the pharmaceutical
care services provided.
- Provides education to providers and staff via presentations,
newsletters, formal utilization reviews, and one-on-one
- Performs drug utilization review, comprehensive medication
review, and/or medication reconciliation.
- Operate pharmacy computer system(s) and other equipment and
- Documents information appropriately in the patients medical
record and other computer systems according to policies and
procedures and regulatory requirements
- Supports a collaborative Labor-Management Partnership
- Performs other duties as required.
- --Basic Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum 1200 hours of experience in the last three years
working under a collaborative drug therapy management protocol
including initiating, adjusting, discontinuing, and refilling
medication in patients with chronic disease states.
- Complete an ASHP accredited PGY-1 clinical pharmacy residency
prior to start date in position where at least 50 percent of the
experience includes the provision of direct patient care services
with interdisciplinary teams.Education
- Degree in Pharmacy from an ACPE accredited (or ACPE candidate
status) school of Pharmacy.License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacist License (California) required at hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Basic Life Support within 3 months of hireAdditional
- Knowledge Required:
- Comprehensive knowledge of current
pharmacological/biopharmaceutical principles, medical terminology,
pathologies, disease state management, age appropriate therapy, and
other information as it pertains to medical or pharmaceutical care
- Knowledge of Federal/State laws/regulations regarding delivery
of pharmacy services and the scope of practice of a
- Demonstrated work experience performing aseptic techniques &
preparation of sterile IV products & hazardous agents, as
- Knowledge of sources of current drug information and medical
literature. Skill/Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to extract pertinent information from
patient/other sources for a medical management plan.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and evaluate.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills at appropriate
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary patient care
- Board certification in relevant practice area
- Advanced Practice Pharmacist License
- A Doctor Doctorate of Pharmacy, Pharm.D.
- PGY-2 clinical pharmacy specialty residency or fellowshipNotes:
- variable days and hours
- --Will be working in Complete Care CVD populationJob Schedule:
Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, Fontana , Ambulatory Care Pharmacist - Full Time - Primary Care - Fontana, CA, Healthcare , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...