Company: Ansible Government Solutions
Location: Loma Linda
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionOverviewAnsible Government Solutions, LLC
(Ansible) is seeking full time Pharmacists (Inpatient) to work with
us in support of the VA Loma Linda Healthcare System located at
11201 Benton St, Loma Linda, CA 92357. Ansible's pharmacy care
shall cover the range of pharmacy services as would be provided in
a state-of-the-art civilian medical treatment facility and the
standard of care shall be of a quality, meeting, or exceeding
currently recognized national standards as established by TJC and
VA Regulations.The VA pharmacy service utilizes a combination of
automated and manual procedures to prepare and dispense Over the
Counter (OTC) and legend drug prescriptions, bulk type
prescriptions, and compounded sterile products. Our work includes
the operation and support of automated and manual filling
equipment, and the preparation of prescription orders and sterile
preparation of parenteral products.Schedule: Pharmacy services are
operational 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days a year.
Ansible's pharmacists are subject to varying work hours depending
on staffing needs. Work hours may consist of either 8- or 12-hour
tours, with a minimum of a 12-hour rest period between shifts.
Weekend and holiday coverage may be needed pending staffing needs.
Lunch times of 30 minutes and break times will be determined
pending daily workload demands.Responsibilities
- Prepares and dispenses medications to include sterile
compounded products, and maintains related records for
- Prepares, packages, labels and distributes medication doses
prescribed by Physician.
- Maintains inventories of drugs and supplies, stocking shelves,
rotating stock, and checking expiration date of
- Fills/stocks medications in various automated devices;
documenting lot and expiration date into computerized logs.
- Operates various types of pharmacy automation, including, but
not limited to, Med Carousel, ScriptPro, Pick Point, Omnicell
automated dispensing equipment.
- Read computer screens, use scanning equipment, select specific
drugs/products required to fill an order by name, strength, and
National Drug Code (NDC) number.
- Cleans cells and performs first level preventative maintenance
which includes cleaning off lights, vacuuming, and making minor
adjustments to equipment.
- Must be able to understand the precautions required when
handling hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
- Processes refill requests and prints prescription labels
utilizing computerized software programs
- Answers telephone calls from patients, physicians and other
health care professionals. Refers to computerized prescription
profile to respond to inquiries from patients concerning
disposition of prescriptions, obtains information or responds to
questions within the technician scope of knowledge. Documents
interactions with patients and staff appropriately, including
documentation in the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS) when
- Replies to questions from patients regarding expired
prescriptions, deleted or discontinued drug, or unavailable drug or
prosthetic and/or ostomy device. Refers inquiries of a professional
nature to a pharmacist.
- Verifies patient identity prior to communicating patient health
information with the patient. Two identifiers, as defined by the
medical center, are required.
- Participates in managing patient prescription processing time
while meeting required department specific metrics and
- Organizes, files, and maintains dispensing documents, original
prescriptions, and other required documentation in accordance with
federal regulations and state laws.
- Regularly fills a full range of standard drug, ostomy, and
disposable medical supply prescriptions utilizing prepackaged
drugs, consumer packs, robot cassettes, and manufacturer bulk
products. Final check is performed by Pharmacist prior to
- Fills cassettes and ensures secondary technician review for
automated counting equipment. Inputs all pertinent information
(e.g. barcodes cassettes, enters lot and expiration information
into automated equipment utilizing computerized software).
- Performs inspection of assigned areas including but not limited
to: Outpatient clinics, Emergency Room, and Inpatient Pharmacy.
Ensuring proper stock rotation and ensuring expiration date and/or
lot number validity. Removes all expired medication during
inspections and quarantines the expired items for
return/destruction. Properly documents all actions taken during
inspection of area.
- Electronically logs discharge, shuttled, runner, and tubed
prescriptions using ScriptPro.
- Notifies and/or clarifies orders needing special handling,
i.e., refrigeration, with pharmacist and patient as necessary
- Delivers prepared totes to travel. Ensures disposition of items
for Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) is initiated by
transferring such items to the travel department.
- Packages verified mail prescriptions in the appropriate mailer
or box, ensuring proper handling, i.e. refrigeration or padding.
Sorts mail according to status i.e., regular, certified or
- Scans and creates barcodes for robot prescription processing,
utilizing dedicated computerized software programs.
- Fills CBOC and primary care clinic orders including, but not
limited to Omnicell restock reports. Ensures that a proper supply
of medication is available, and if not, request that the item be
ordered and packaged for unit dose use.
- Replenishes medications in clinics utilizing sophisticated
computer software: Omnicell, Pick Point.
- Replenishes filling areas with vials, caps, labels, logbooks,
paper bags, and other supplies as needed.
- Communication and interpersonal relations, including the
ability to appropriately and courteously relate to internal and
- Properly operates the telephone including transferring calls
and placing calls on hold. Handles calls efficiently and
appropriately. Properly follows Pharmacy Phone center scripting and
resolutions that pertain to the phone call. Properly places a call
on hold when investigating any issues related to the phone
- Answers the door, allowing only person with authorized access
to enter. Ensures individual signs visitor log and escorts
individual to necessary area of pharmacy.
- Prepares and fills medication orders for bubble packing for
State Veterans Home or Contracted Long term care facility as
- Processes audio renewal orders through notes or right
click-renew feature. Processes refill mail slips through
- Routes prepared prescriptions to appropriate pneumatic tube
- US Citizen
- Must be a graduate of an Accreditation Council for Pharmacy
Education (ACPE) accredited college or School of Pharmacy with a
baccalaureate degree in Pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of
Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree
- Full, current, and unrestricted license in any State,
Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of
Columbia when services are performed onsite on VA property
- Must be licensed for controlled substances, with qualifications
to practice in any statesAll candidate must be able to:
- Sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, twist, and reach above
shoulders during the work shift
- Lift up to 50 lbs from floor to waist
- Lift up to 20 lbs
- Carry up to 40 lbs a reasonable distance
- Push/pull with 30 lbs of forcePowered by JazzHRAOnqrayJcw
Keywords: Ansible Government Solutions, Fontana , Pharmacist (Inpatient), Healthcare , Loma Linda, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!