Company: CAA ICON
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: November 15, 2019
You will have active participation in all design-related meetings
to ensure compliance to required project scope and oversight of the
project's permitting and approvals processes. During construction,
you will be looking ahead of the progress schedule and making sure
that materials and equipment are ordered by the CM/GC and delivered
on site when needed and that the work always continues to proceed
- Manage project design, construction and other Owner direct
contracts on behalf of the client, typically including the
architect's agreement, construction contract, and consultants such
as traffic study, survey, geotechnical, third party testing and
- Track Project Budget and Schedule compliance.
- Conduct regular meetings with the Client's representative(s) on
the status of the Project Budget and Schedule, including any
pending issues that may impact either. Prepare and obtain Client
signoff on approval letters reflecting any changes to the Project
Budget, Schedule and Program.
- Establish solid working protocol with the the staffs of the
design team, construction team and other key consultants.
- Assure a positive working environment for the entire Project
Team to mitigate issues that might interfere with the ability of
the project to be successful.
- Develop and manage the Project Team in a Value Engineering (VE)
process, and monitor the incorporation of agreed upon VE items into
the contract documents and the final design documents. Assure that
proper logs are kept for reference and guidance.
- Ensure that a comprehensive monthly report is prepared and
submitted in a timely fashion. Confirm form and content of such
report with the Client.
- Assist the Project Executive in finalizing the construction
costs, including the review and negotiation of the Guaranteed
Maximum Price (GMP) for the Project.
- Establish and attend regular Owner / Architect / Contractor
meetings for the project pertaining to monitor schedule, submittals
and RFIs, Change Order review and quality control.
- Manage the work of the design team to insure that the team is
focused on their task and making the necessary commitment to
achieve the predetermined delivery dates, scope and budget with
high quality work product.
- Oversee and monitor the daily progress of actual construction
and quality control.
- Monitor and track the use of any allowances or contingencies,
whether used by the contractor and/or the Client.
- Analyze all change order requests. Respond in a timely fashion
to delay notices, time extension requests, and submitted change
order requests. Engage others as required to understand the change
and its cost implications in order to negotiate terms and
conditions with the contractor before the work is performed.
- Establish a protocol for review and approval of the
contractor's monthly pay application.
- Monitor the status of construction submittals, both when
received from the contractor and returned by the design team.
- Establish the final listing of necessary FF&E equipment and
products and develop a schedule for procurement, delivery and
installation, as required.
- Assist the Client in obtaining necessary government and league
approvals, permits, entitlements, etc. Monitor the contractor's
progress in obtaining a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO)
and final Certificate of Occupancy (CO).
- Help facilitate commissioning of the new venue.
- Monitor the ICON staff with respect to work load and
capabilities. Assure that ICON staff has appropriate office space
on site to work efficiently. Required Experience & Education
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the construction or a
related services industry
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in construction, engineering or
- Familiarity with the Construction Specifications Institute
("CSI") Division structure, construction change orders and like
documents, budget formats, and architectural/engineering plans
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including the use of complex
functions, various formatting techniques, database
sorting/filtering and overall creativity when assembling, analyzing
and presenting data
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Multi-tasking and the ability to problem solve and master new
concepts in a short period of time.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Bluebeam preferred.
- Detail-oriented, organized in thought, process and action as
well as creative, analytical and collaborative.
Keywords: CAA ICON, Fontana , Project Manager, Executive , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!