Company: Daylight Transport
Posted on: August 9, 2019
JOB TITLE: Project Manager - Operations
LOCATION: Fontana, CA
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Exempt Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the OPS Project
Manager will oversee both internal OPS projects and OPS components
of cross functional projects. In this role, the OPS Project Manager
will manage both large strategic and small projects and will
interact closely with stakeholders as a liaison and requirements
gatherer as well as with developers and engineers to communicate
priorities and timelines.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Create project schedules, allocate resources, monitor and
- Develop and manage project plans.
- Align project objectives with company goals and ensure the
project team is clear on objectives.
- Track, monitor and control expense based on budgetary
- Help project team with design and development tasks.
- Manage resource assignment, work allocation and software and
hardware requirements for operations project.
- Oversee the risk management process.
- Monitor and manage project scope.
- Responsible for delivery of all project artifacts.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Some travel will be required within and out of the State of
- Foster partnership with customers, stakeholders and
- Drive projects thru gate process with Steering
- Present reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Able to work with vendors and business team members.
- Educate operation teams on the project management
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must
be able to keep OPS team, business and external partners informed
of status for projects and activities.
- Able to participate in various roles on both large and small
projects and work well with teammates.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying
- Able to balance the short term and long-term goals of the team
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex business
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Business Minded - Understand all facets of the
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a leader of a small
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, Tableau
- Knowledge of Project Management techniques and tools.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
- (4) or more years of project management.
- Project management certification (PMP) or equivalent.
- Experience with transportation systems highly desirable.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general
business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such
as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages,
area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The
employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms;
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Daylight Transport is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity,
and/or gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability,
pregnancy, genetic information, military status, Vietnam Era and/or
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Keywords: Daylight Transport, Fontana , Project Manager, Executive , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!