Body Shop Technician
Company: TEC Equipment
Posted on: January 5, 2019
TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 26 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
Our Fontana Collision Center is hiring Body Shop Technicians/Mechanics. We have recently completed expansion and renovation of our facility and have lots of opportunity for growth. Our collision centers provide the highest quality body, paint, fabrication, detail, and collision work and our technicians are trained to work on Volvo, Mack, Autocar, Hino, GMC, and other heavy duty vehicles. We are seeking an individual who takes pride in their work and is committed to the success and satisfaction of our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Identify and determine parts required for repair; review repair orders, work order, and Estimator's notes; follow warranty guidelines; notify Supervisor or Estimator of any repair add-ons.
* Adjust, replace, and repair all series of truck and trailer equipment (e.g., sheet metal repairs, fiberglass/SMC panel repairs, fabrication and structural welding, installation and alignment of truck cab body components, electrical and mechanical repairs, etc.).
* Road test vehicles when necessary.
* Prep & refinish vehicles with single stage and two stage paint systems.
* Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills and truck manufacturer's repair process.
* Practical experience and proficiency in use of all tools of trade (welding equipment, plasma cutters, drills, sanders, die-grinders, impact wrenches, and jacks) required
* Working knowledge of medium and heavy duty trucks
* Working knowledge of polyurethane paint coating systems
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records
* Ability to lift up to 50lbs with or without assistance
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Valid driver's license
* Associates degree in collision repair & refinishing
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
If you need assistance with your application please email email@example.com or call (503) 247-4065.
TEC is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: TEC Equipment, Fontana , Body Shop Technician, Engineering , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!