Company: James Hardie
Posted on: October 1, 2018
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for providing support for the daily execution of the maintenance department's operating plan. Working with the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Planner, Maintenance Technicians, Operations, and Safety, Mechanics support department productivity and quality of workmanship for the purpose of increasing overall availability and reliability of equipment.
Implement strategic vision for maintenance and reliability to correct, coordinate, and support plant maintenance functions by:
- Supporting plans to reduce breakdowns, improve planned maintenance, optimize scheduled maintenance, and effectively execute down-day events.
- Maintaining the facility in a safe manner and to a standard level of equipment availability;
- Participating in the wash up day planning, half-time, and follow-up meetings;
- Recommending improvement in maintenance and operational procedures; and
- Capturing and recording necessary equipment and material history;
- Working with storeroom personnel to order replacement parts.
The position responsibilities outline above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Ability to set bearings such as spherical roller bearings, using feeler gauges
- Ability to rebuild a shaft mounted gearbox and set the pre-load in the bearings
- Ability to rebuild centrifugal slurry pumpsMechanic
- Ability to fault find and replace mechanical components - drive, pumps, pneumatics, hydraulics
- Ability to fault find and replace hydraulic systems with components including hydraulic pumps, pressure relief valves, directional control valves, counter balance valves and proportional valves
- Ability to change out various bearings - pillow block, flange mount
- Ability to replace and align v-belt drive system e.g. between pump and motor
- Ability to rebuild hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, and directional valves
- Ability to replace and align couplingsFabrication
- Ability to weld with a 6011 rod in all positions including overhead and vertical up
- Ability to weld with 7018 low-hydrogen rod in all positionsBackground
- Preferably worked in a continuous manufacturing environment
- Preferably worked as a shift mechanic
- Exposure to work order systems
- Exposure to CMMS systems (computerized maintenance management systems)BENEFITS :
In return, we offer a competitive compensation plan that includes full medical, dental and vision benefits effective on your first day with James Hardie; 6% dollar for dollar matching 401(k) program; Tuition reimbursement; Free lunch Thursdays; Generous paid vacation and holidays; Life insurance; Disability Income Protection (STD); Flexible Spending Accounts and Employee Assistance Program
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At James Hardie Building Products we apply our science, research, and cutting edge technology to enjoy our continued status as a world leader in fiber-cement technology. As the world leader in fiber-cement technology we manufacture durable, beautiful building material products for the residential market. We operate in markets around the world, spanning the United States, Europe, Philippines, Australia, and New Zealand. In the United States alone, we have 9 manufacturing plants, three regional offices and one research center.
Keywords: James Hardie, Fontana , MECHANIC B, Engineering , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!