Posted on: January 15, 2022
As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and
proactively about your career choices. -Our work environment is
dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer
variety and challenge. -Providing career growth to our own
employees is critical to our ongoing success--take charge of your
career goals and empower your future!Job Purpose:Provide support
for process improvements, performance monitoring, root cause
analysis, engineering, and construction activities, and operating
and maintenance functions to ensure safe and efficient plant
- Provide direction to operations and maintenance departments to
ensure that plant equipment remains reliable. This includes both
technical and financial decisions which impact the overall unit
availability and cost control.
- Provide technical support, testing, and inspection expertise
within their assigned process areas to ensure safe, reliable, and
efficient plant operation.
- Optimize station equipment operation to meet key performance
- Develop O&M and Capital budgets for the process equipment.
Assemble ten-year plans and budgets for projects to establish
accurate projected cash flows out into the future.
- Develop strategic plans for equipment overhauls to optimize
equipment life and time between overhauls. -
- Develop outage schedules, coordinate and perform outage
inspections for all process equipment.
- Utilize predictive and preventative maintenance (PM/PDM)
techniques to monitor and improve equipment. Evaluate and analyze
process variables to identify the status and trending of key
- Conduct root causes analysis of equipment problems and provides
recommendations to prevent future incidents. Assemble all equipment
- Develop, review & revise station procedures & technical
instructions, and documentation of equipment testing and
- Provide engineering, design, economic justification, and
specify parts and materials for projects and modifications.
Implement projects and process modifications.
- Conduct or procure training as required within their
- Interface with outside engineering resources on an "as-needed"
- Work effectively in a team environment as a leader, member,
- Perform other duties and assignments as required. - - -
-Essential Functions for Emphasis:ICE:
- Experience with Siemens and/or WDPF Digital Control Systems
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Experience with OPC interfaces and graphic design.
- Knowledgeable in-process controls, control system
configurations, and design within a power plant environment.
- Experience managing small to large control projects, including
installations, system upgrades, and maintenance.Required:
- Engineering or Technical Degree with a minimum of five years
experience in power plant systems OR in working with and relays,
breakers, control systems.OR
- High school diploma and 10 years experience in power plant
systems, specifically experience with maintenance of relays,
breakers, and control systems, and running a NERC program
experience. - -Preferred:
- Bachelors in Engineering -
- Power (including solar) experience
- NERC experienceKnowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of Power Plant processes and equipment
and the interrelationships between them.
- Overall understanding of Power Plant operations and maintenance
- Ability to effectively supervise, train, and direct others
(peers, employees, contractors/vendors) in an understandable, clear
and consistent manner
- Ability to read and understand technical information, print and
engineering data, interpret charts, graphs, and gauge scales.
Ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems.
- Risk management - able to make a good judgment on utilization
of sometimes limited resources.
- General to thorough knowledge in root cause analysis and
proficiency in technical report writing.
- Proficient in the use of PC, and Windows & Microsoft Office
applications with particular emphasis on spreadsheet, scheduling,
equipment performance, and word processing programs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.Physical
- This position is a combination of work in office and industrial
- Must be able to wear required personal protection equipment
(PPE) such as hard hats, safety glasses, goggles, face shields,
hearing protection, respirators, fall protection harnesses, and
other PPE as required.
- Duties require extensive manual dexterity in usage of computer
terminal and keyboard, while sitting for long periods of time
preparing budgets, work scopes, outage schedules, and other reports
- May be required to perform equipment inspections by climbing
vertical ladders in excess of 20 feet and stairways in excess of 50
feet, using a step stool, kneeling, bending, walking over uneven
surfaces such as loose rock, open grating, up and down
- May also be required to operate mobile equipment such as zoom
booms or scissor lifts to reach heights to inspect the equipment,
which includes pushing or pulling equipment into place, climbing
into a basket, and riding in the basket while the equipment is
- May be required to prepare and conduct training, including
mentoring individuals one-on-one. - In conducting training, the
specialist may be required to carry training materials, and to
stand for extended periods of time.
- This position may require some domestic travel.
- -#LI-RA#CB-RANRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free
workplace. -To the extent permitted by law and any applicable
collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic
random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion
drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran
Status/DisabilityEEO is the Law Poster -(The poster can be found at
)Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the
applicant's experience or skills.Official description on file with
Keywords: nrg, Fontana , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Baker, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!