Mechanical Project Engineer
Company: James Hardie
Posted on: November 12, 2021
As a member of the North American Central Engineering Group, the
Mechanical Project Engineer will work on capital projects including
new installations and modifications and is responsible for all
mechanical equipment components and systems. This person must have
extensive working knowledge of design, function, specification, and
installation of mechanical equipment in a heavy manufacturing
In order to be effective in this role, the person should have 3-5+
years of experience overseeing capital projects that include civil
and structural design, developing specifications and installing
material storage, handling, conveying, and processing equipment.
This role will be based out of our plant in Fontana, CA.
- Strong background in mechanical equipment specification -
designing / sizing piping system, tanks, pumps, batching equipment,
material storage silos, material transfer & conveying systems,
grinding equipment, mixing systems, compressors, pumps, boilers,
hydraulic / pneumatic systems, etc. that align with process /
- Ability to develop a full scope of work for use in soliciting
general contractor proposals including all site utilities, civil
and structural works, buildings, process equipment and exterior
- Ability to prepare request for quotation documentation, solicit
/ review bids and award contracts.
- Ability to prepare full project budgetary estimate and
- Ability to coordinate and lead design review meetings
pertaining to process requirements, equipment design / layout,
piping and instrumentation diagrams, utilities and HAZOP
- Ability to gather and disseminate design data to EH&S team
for use in preparing permit applications.
- Ability to create detailed commissioning plans for use in
equipment checkout and systems startup.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be
construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of International Building Codes and OSHA
- Knowledge of AWS, ANSI, and ASTM standards.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma principles.
- Proficient with personal computers and software applications
such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Outlook,
Internet Explorer and AutoCAD.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills with
the ability to prepare and present information to senior
- Must possess a strong work ethic and a willingness to work
- Must be able to multi-task, pay close attention to detail, and
follow up regularly.
- Must take initiative and be results oriented.
- Must be able to lead and be a part of cross functional
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 25-50%
- BS Degree in Engineering. Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 3-5+ years of experience managing heavy industrial capital
- Experience working with municipalities and permitting
James Hardie is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things,
or as a qualified individual with a disability. Equal Employment
Opportunity is the law.
Keywords: James Hardie, Fontana , Mechanical Project Engineer, Engineering , Fontana, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!