Special Education Teacher
Company: Spectrum Center Schools and Programs
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Starting Salary: $65,000 - $70,000 Spectrum Center Schools and
Programs , a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to
offer hope, is seeking a Special Education Teacher to join our
award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that
welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers
limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction! If
you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven
environment, seek a career with genuine purpose, and possess a
problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor, and a stellar work ethic
- We Should Talk! --- As a Special Education Teacher, you will
plan, prepare and implement the instructional process for students
with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) within the learning
center and/or classroom including, but not limited to; delivery of
instruction, implementation of curriculum materials & educational
software, and development of daily lesson plans & classroom
schedules, which reflect state and school requirements as well the
physical, emotional, and educational needs of the learner. Special
Education Teachers implement standards for student behavior in
order to ensure a safe, secure, and effective learning environment
by providing a high degree of structure, clear expectations, and
consistency. This position operates within the defined practices
and processes from the Special Education function and adheres to
the guidelines for compliance as defined. The Special Education
teacher supports the director in decisions regarding the operation
of the center and is an active and productive member of the site
team. Responsibilities Include:
- Providing a collaborative environment for students, parents,
center staff and administrative personnel.
- Establishing a climate that promotes a firm, fair and
respectful classroom environment with a focus on social development
and group responsibility by modeling and reinforcing positive
behaviors as outlined in Positive Behavior Interventions and
Supports (PBIS) program for the school and classroom.
- Implementing established school-wide and classroom PBIS
programs, reinforcement systems, behavioral expectations and
- Recording student progress/records, maintaining student files,
and preparing reports on students and activities.
- Providing direct subject based instruction and/or working in a
team environment to collaboratively and/or co-teach curricular
subjects as required in IEP.
- Modifying curriculum and assisting with differentiated
instruction for students as well as staff.
- Using a variety of instructional strategies and resources to
respond to the diverse needs and interests of students; including
prescribed educational software and intervention curriculum.
- Acting as case manager to special education students which may
include updating IEP's and goals if required by the district.
- Preparing daily lesson plans and materials for assigned
- Reporting incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse,
suspected substance abuse, etc.) in order to maintain the personal
safety of students and adhere to State and Federal law.
- Maintaining the physical center, furniture, and supplies in a
neat and orderly condition according to procedure.
- Ensuring that the center and outside surrounding area are neat,
clean, well maintained and present an organized and professional
environment conducive to the education of students.
- Keeping up to date with research-based practices and
developments in subject area.
- Responding constructively to formal and informal feedback.
- Performing other duties as assigned. Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in education or related field.
- Education specialist or special education teaching credential
(Mild/Mod or Mod/Severe).
- Ability to meet state professional teacher education
- Prior experience with curriculum development, differentiation
and instruction in a classroom setting.
- Solid motivational, problem solving, decision making and
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and
- Strong oral and written communication.
- Highly skilled in working with students with diverse needs.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of ChanceLight Education ,
the nation's leading provider of alternative and special education
programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and
in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have
helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives !
Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program services
we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the ChanceLight family
you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful
impacts, the support needed to achieve success, and all the tools
essential to reaching personal & professional fulfillment!
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More! If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures - this is your Chance ! Join
us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of children
TODAY! Careers, With ChanceLight Work. With Purpose. Education
- Bachelors or better in Education or related field Licenses &
- Special Education
- Has License/CredentialingEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Spectrum Center Schools and Programs, Fontana , Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Riverside, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!